Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Website Proposal

If you have any comments or ideas to help me out please let me know!!!

1. My audience could be mostly young adults or parents who are looking into the GED, the pros and cons of the GED, and statistics about the people who already have a GED. This could be for students who have already dropped out of high school or are thinking about dropping out and getting their GED. People that would be most interested would be those who want to know about the advantages and disadvantages about having a GED versus a high school diploma.

2. The type of background my audience could have is young adults who are always getting in trouble with the law, low-income families, or teenagers that have been home schooled. Background information that I could include is how the GED came to be what it is and also who doesn't accept a GED.

3. I envision my audience to be interested in my topic because it will tell the audience what they can and can't do with a GED. I'm hoping that it will convince my audience to get a high school diploma and only get a GED if it is their last resort.

4. The types of conversation my sources have been having is just basic statistics about the GEDl where the GED came from, who accepts it, benefits and disadvantages of a GED. Some, however have been more against young adults getting a GED while other are all for young adults getting their GED.

5. I hope to make my website very user friendly and easy to find the information the viewer is looking for. I have noticed that the information I'm looking for is actually not that easy to find. I'm going to have all of my sources linked in my website so my audience can see where I got all of my information. Overall, I hope to combine all of the websites I've found about the GED and put everything into one easily accessible website.

6. I plan on stating that the GED should be a replacement for a high school diploma and should be a last resort. Some of my thoughts on improving the GED is to raise the age limit to eighteen years of age. Also, I think the standards to pass should also be raised. This way Universities and the Armed Forces might be more willing to accept GED holders.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! I really think that if you follow this proposal - that you will have a website that will be usable not just for this class but by all kinds of people! - you really thought this out and it sounds great!
    - I was hoping to see more info about the kinds of mediums you want to use and why - like consider the background on our job corps blog - do you think something like this would work? - have you put much thought into the types of video you want to post if any? Do you think in the long run video and clips help or discredit ones argument?
    - Anyway those are just my thoughts. :) I am Sure yoursite will be awesome can't Wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Also I like how you did your spacing - its WAY easier to read and I'm stealing it from you lol.

    ReplyDelete