Monday, March 14, 2011

Website Audience Proposal 2.0!!!



The Communication of Destiny!!! ( get it? its a Tenacious D reference)

1) The audience of this site would ideally be three fold. The first and most obvious audience would be Job Corps. Employees, staff, and benefactors. As I hope to influence policy with this site. The second would be those interested in communication applications in the real world. And finally college students. I realize that hoping college students would see this site might seem odd. But I’d like them to see the freedoms we have in our respective courses to enter into free and easy communication without professors about any topic. We are given some freedoms and even power over BSU’s policies simply by being a student. I am sure other Colleges are much the same way, giving their students the opportunity to respond and the possibility of changing policy. Those in other programs such as Job corps – seem to be getting a lower level education, while relinquishing a maximum in price. Granted its not as expensive, but many students there wish to go to college afterwards. So I’d like possible and attending college students to see this site.


2) Hmm I’d say the background of my audience would be minimal of some college education. Probably with some type of communication background. The others would be possibly employees and benefactors of Job Corps who have had college educations. I think having college experience will be important for those who see this site since college communication classes are hard to describe. Communication classes in general are hard to wrap ones head around unless they’ve experienced them.


3) I think I’s be writing towards an interested – moderately disinterested audience. I think those in communications, and the Job Corps policy makers, employees, or benefactors will be interested, but the average college student focused on beer pong and football may not be. Also I think they will be a resistant audience. Simply because I suggest a change to the current system and changes are never seen as a good thing, or as welcoming until things become dire. I think I will also have to be very sensitive with the topic, because suggesting ones policies should chance can give the impression that I’m blaming someone, or suggesting that they’ve failed, or that I have more experience in the matter.


4) The gist of my sources conversations are that communication can improve all aspects of ones life, but it can also create barriers. There are so many types of communication that trying to work with every little nuance would be crazy. But most sources agree that some type of communication education is not only necessary- but it helps improve ones, identity, personal mental growth and stability, and helps develop relationships in any situation. I have noticed some disagreements between how certain demographics affect communication and how they affect them. Such as the differences between the male and female brain or how age affects decisions.


5) I still think taking the approach of an add instructor would be the best option. Yes if it became too flashy it would harm and distract rather than inform. But I believe a truly powerful presentation has both movement, color, and can keep attention while having the supporting content be impressive. – Like having a magic show that not only has the act of rabbits disappearing, but can provide provocative and interesting ways of getting the audience to believe actual magic took place. – I think that the same information – presented in new ways is the key. – Hopefully tho I will be presenting new information in new ways – and hopefully it won’t be too much stimulation. – I also think I want to keep a very objective voice and my color schemes will be blues and greens. – This will promote calm and relaxing emotions- and hopefully help keep the resistance lower. I like the thought of going with an earthy plant option. This will help keep the “nurturing” aspect in their minds.


( See doesnt this just FEEL relaxing?



As the entire point of the program is to nurture. I think the objectivity will help build my Ethos. I’m afraid that if I choose a side at all it will be discrediting. And since this is such a sensitive matter – picking one side will undoubtedly have some repercussion of something like prejudices mixed in. – For example if I say – On behalf of the students- the system needs to work better- it sounds like I think they need to be coddled, and that there’s too much authority. It sounds like they need – less structure that way – Whereas if I say – on behalf of the system we have to treat them differently- it sounds as tho I think they are getting too much freedom, or aren’t worthy of respect. But saying – speaking from a third party completely objective bystander- the structured system needs a couple of patches that would benefit everyone.


6) My viewpoint is that Job corps should put a greater emphasis on communication, and communication courses. With only one example, I can see several areas that could be improved with simple communication courses. These areas involve, morale, students mental well being, class room manners, relationships in all areas, easier transition to outside world, goals, and a stronger command of language skills. All these aspects which are noted to be an issue can be solved – or at least greatly helped with communication skills. – Which given their cut off surroundings should be emphasized.



( Thats just SOO COOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment