Sunday, March 20, 2011

Annotated Bibs 3

Rachal, John R., and Millard J. Bingham. "THE ADOLESCENTIZING OF THE GED." Adult Basic Education 14.1 (2004): 32-44. Academic Search Premier. EBSCO. Web. 20 Mar. 2011. The author of this article talks purely about how the GED was created for adults and that it should be that way. I really like this source because it has the perspective on my topic that I want. I am in no way against the GED test and I think it is beneficial in some ways but it does need to have an age limit rather than almost encouraging high school students to drop out and get their GED rather than make it through high school and get a high school diploma. I think this is going to be one of my most beneficial sources because it has the same view as what I’m going to have on my website.

Boesel, David. "The street value of the GED diploma." Phi Delta Kappan 80.1 (1998): 65. Academic Search Premier. EBSCO. Web. 20 Mar. 2011. The author of this article talks about almost every aspect of the GED test. It talks about how the military, jobs, and universities accept certain GED holders depending on their scores. I think this cite is actually very helpful because it gives a lot of actual statistics about how many GED holders go on to postsecondary education, the income that GED holders have on average if they don’t go on to postsecondary school. Like I stated earlier this source is like none that I have found because it has more statistics than any other sources I have found. I think that this is really going to bump my website to the next level because I can have actual numbers back up what I keep saying about GED holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment